Sunday, August 12, 2012

Bethesda Ink Page Nine






I like the way this page sorted itself out. I am improving my lettering, but had so many other ideas on how to make letters and design things after I finished this ten pager. I will wait to post the full version until closer to the publication date. I am pretty happy with it. I'm going to visit Walter Reed again on Tuesday, this time I think I will focus on getting good drawings rather than good stories. Carrying around an audio recorder makes me feel like a jerk, so I'm not sure I'll use it. I have new stories to work on and that's been occupying my thoughts. Gearing up also to print some comics for the Small Press Expo. I aim to have copies of The City Chickens, Bethesda (Pt. 1), and Haditha Katrina (Pt. 1) at the expo.

I've recently read this essay by Josiah White, an Iraq War veteran and former Marine, who I have been in touch with and am working with on a comic story. It is beautifully done, read it when you can, it's very good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I used one of those things! At first I could only inhale to a certain point till my lungs wouldn't expand further. The best time to use them was after surgery during the still-numb period. I could torture my lungs and not feel the pain!

Excellent work, can't wait to see the finished product.