Thursday, September 15, 2011

SPX 2011

I went to the Small Press Expo this past weekend with Jen Tong, Li-Or Zaltman and Sara Varon. (I have to add that Sara's new book, Bake Sale, is a pleasure to read--go get a copy!)

Here is a photo of my comic book sketchbook in the hotel the morning we left (I ran out of paper oh no!).




The second is a photo of me nervously and excitedly waiting in line for Nate Powell to autograph my fresh copy of Any Empire.  This book is really wonderful. Nate is a very nice guy and said kind things about my comic, which was awesome--he is one of my favorite artists. It was an inspiring weekend full of big crazy comic books. I recommend looking at Anders Nilsen's Big Questions and Craig Thompson's Habibi, just by size alone they boggle the mind with their ambition and raise the bar for making long-form narrative comics.

No comments: