Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Clifton Hicks





This past weekend I went out to the Brooklyn Folk Fest and saw some really great musical performances by a bunch of talented folks. (I need to get out to Jalopy more. You should check them out, too if you haven't yet). At the folk fest, I had the opportunity to meet and chat with Clifton Hicks, who is an incredibly talented and down to earth guy. I am working on a comic with the lyrics to an old time song he plays called "German War". You can see him play the banjo and sing it here.
The first drawing posted here was done from life... I like it better than the others I did, which were done from photos from the internet.
I'm taking a comics class and it's pretty great; the instructor, Sungyoon Choi, (American Widow) is really smart and subtly funny. Non-fiction comics by ladies, totally awesome.
So, I better go get to work!

1 comment:

stephanie says said...

i like the new layout!